........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 22 June 2024

Sophistry Incorporated

The government of my country
is attempting to renew it's mandate
where the wealthiest divide society
by how relative the poverty
in it is, where poor are encouraged
to define themselves
as worthy or unworthy,
by how hard they work
at staying in their poverty;
the harder they work the more moral it is.

Of course, their message
is more slippery than my analysis suggests,
but politics is so infested with sophistry
whilst pretending not to be
that the individual voter's suspicions
are all they have to hang on to.

I don't mind my government
trying to abolish more taxes,
abolish all public services
and public service values,
and privatise everything in sight.

I don't mind it if I am make to live on nothing,
as long as the gov't do not tax the fresh air
I am left to live on, and make it dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment