........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday, 13 August 2026

The New More-Is-Less

I used to be astonished at how little
the popular music stars of the day
I liked contributed to their latest hits,
and how much of what made a song sell
was padding/star power packaging.
But lately I find myself coming up with
thinner offerings here than I used to write.
I seem to be unable to grasp the direction of travel
of the new media, as it heads in the direction
of false trails laid down for the newAI kletpocracy
in which the information always exonerates the leader.

My stake in the new media game cannot count for much.
The best of my old blogs will find other lives though whoever
steals the ideas in them. Nowadays I am old enough to look back
and recognise that I was left behind before I could see it happening
in the first wave of de-industrialisation, in the 1970's,

I have been looking for the present through the past since those times..... .    .  

No comments:

Post a Comment