I was made well aware when I was grwing up
that there were long histories of boom and bust
behind me. Whilst my parents lived in the hope,
against hope, that they, and by extension I, would see,
and recognise the next downward cycle long before it hit,
so we would reposition outselves to get the right side of it.
It was not to be. I needed to live through several economic troughs
before recognising that I was born in an eonomic trough and I did not
recognise it until I'd seen many. I don't partucularly rue the folly
of the family I was raised by, but remembering them, as the times
prompt me, make me anxious and watchful. I now see present day America
from my own particular vantage point and ask 'When will America realise
that the time is coming faster than it realises, when as an empire it will it will reap
the fruits of puttting the rest of the wolrd last, after putting itself first so often?'
No comments:
Post a Comment