Anyone in the first world, the over-developed world,
who hears the phrase 'dog meat' or 'cat meat'
understands it be something to feed to their pet,
or the stuff of hyperbole in the adverts that pay for
their youtube videos that while away the hours.
But in poorer parts of the world where civilisation
is redder in tooth and claw, and the idea of 'the pet',
the-animal-as-companion has not been invented,
nature, including dogs and cats is fair game
for leaving to live wild, before rounding up and eating.
Not everyone there sees this as right, The Soi Dog Foundation
does powerful work in Hanoi to end cats and dogs living on the streets,
before the meet a grzzly fate. I admire The Soi Dog Foundation for what they do.
I have given money to them too, and I ask that you will concider doing the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment