........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Monday 3 July 2023

The Stepford Gardeners

I have no difficulty with having neighbours
as long as we are the right distance from each other
for our neighbourliness to be mutually beneficial.

Where being the good neighbour gets harder
is where I have to visit one of them
and pass so many more of their gardens
which have there are so few plants
and they are so lacking in character.

Most people over sixty will know something
about the film 'The Stepford Wives',
the modern feminist gothic thriller
and the perfect looking women
who live on a perfect looking estate
where their husbands are plastic surgeons
who secretly keep their wives looking young
through emotionally abusive plastic surgery. 

From the distance of my wild garden
I can't avoid seeing my neighbours
daily employing the Stepford Gardeners
sterilizing the world one garden at a time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment