........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 15 July 2023

Great Turn Offs Of Our Time (31)

I remember quoting the phrase 'Drain the swamp'
to describe a change in politics I thought was coming
and I thought was a good idea oh about a dozen years ago.
It seemed a neat way of circumventing a management-speak
on regional politics which I thought was past it's use-by date.

Recently I heard the phrase again, in a different context,
about a politics that I thought that I wanted to see remain.
I thought again, about my former liberal bias/prejudice,
which I once saw as 'inclusive', and still partly do. 

But I realise afresh how much 'language is a virus'
and in the swamp that is modern communication
words are always more dangerous than we think.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment