........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 27 July 2023

I Am The Cosmos

As I looked up, the vacuum of space
reflected well 
the cold expanding height, 
the long night-for-day
 that I mistook
for 'the human soul', as those around me
marked my life according to their normality.

As I looked out, I felt and saw nothing.
I could not fathom why some folk
liked active mistrust, 
and put others on win-lose situations
where others had to lose,
for
 the winner to deny everything.

Who makes a purgatory out of 'family values'?
Makes a life where others appear
to live in the hope of trust, of reciprocity
where they are always better in the future?

It is possible to live in a dark world,
particularly where faith invites you see
a future world that would be even darker
without the weak light of your faith.

But it is a bad trick to see the future
as darker than the present,
false optimism for today, it stretches
the idea of 'life' beyond it's obvious boundaries.

Who in their right mind would want to go there?

No comments:

Post a Comment