........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 13 July 2023

The Present Trend Towards Confessing

what we were forced to keep secret
in the distant past is now an epidemic,
not that I am complaining.

Though there are worse causes for shame
than secret youthful acts of sex sans consent
for us to seek deliverance from by confessing them.

I lightened my head a few short years ago,
when after over forty years of carrying
a lot of unsorted and secretive self-blame
for being in the wrong place at the wrong time,
and put with the wrong people,
when, unexpectedly, I was sexually assaulted.
In the end I worked out who the blame
came from and delivered it back to it's owner.

I get that secretive sex causes shame,
and shame is something to discard.
Obsession nearly always hides behind taboo,
discard them too, but carefully.

Change in favour of admitting, and doing more now,
to stop us laying waste to the planet we want to survive
and stop your words turning into a mush of greenwash.

Of course other advertising washes are available....

No comments:

Post a Comment