........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 27 October 2020

Sympathetic Magic

One habit I have s an adult that I cannot stop
is that when I finish using my laptop
and press to turn it off  I will wave it goodbye.

Logically I know I don't need to,
and the laptop does not care what I do
but still the idea that there is something live
that I have been interacting with
that i only know in part
but that part I must respect
comes from a scene I was part of
a long time ago.

I was baby-sitting some children
and their parents had set them
a video of the BBC 1950's series
'Andy Pandy' to watch. As the show
drew to it's close Andy waved goodbye
and the children waved back
I liked that, enough to want to
repeat it, with computers when I use them.

Who knows when they turn their screen off
what they are saying 'Goodbye' to? I don't.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment