........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 13 October 2020

Fair Sexual Exchange Does Not involve Robbery

I was raised in a highly Masculist society,
but in an apparently gender neutral way.
It was natural that whatever I learnt about sex
it was wrong and inadequate and that was just
what we schoolboys were officially taught.

The tall tales we told each other that hid fantasies
of sexual omniscience that were thoroughly toxic,
as the actions of some boys on each other proved.
 
In a media as sexist as the one I was fed by
the media were what took away our virginity most-
it was the hammer that posed as mirror
smashing young minds into the condition
of feeling used and unable to wash off
the feeling of being falsely spoken for.

The best part of it all was finding later that women
did not need my sexuality as a hammer or mirror
any more than I was told that I had once needed
the media to be the same to me.

Nobody needed me to help make their baby 
 
     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment