........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Wednesday 7 October 2020

Elections Are Like Accidents

Both can only be approached by individuals
with partial views, based on where they have come from.

I might well like what the English press
tells me about the president,
particularly when that same press also relates
how his actions are riddled with inconsistencies.

And Trump himself, in a moment of deliberate double-speak
might say 'I am most consistent in my inconsistency'.
to explain away everything from exploding trees
to beauty pageant contestants who find their prize
for entering is for the competition 
is to be secretly groped by the judge.

But if we think we have found
a good man in the shape of Joe Biden
we should beware part of being good
involves us admitting to confirmation bias.

No comments:

Post a Comment