........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 21 October 2023

Who's Carbon Footprint?

We all have to use the media
at our disposal to get our grip
on 'the green agenda', nonetheless
feel appalled at the hyperbolic
levels of green-wash involved
in selling new electric vehicles.

Oh I get it that the immediate advantage
is how clean the air is where the vehicles
are being driven, but in the life-cycle
of the use of the car 90 % of the carbon
the vehicle is ever going to use is used
in it's manufacture. And yet the makers
won't tell the public that, but will pass on
their carbon footprint to the public
with the sale of the vehicle as if
they had nothing to do with the public
carbon footprint they are creating.

Meanwhile I don't drive,
I have never learned how to.
But I have hitched many miles
for my last 45 years on the planet.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment