........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 31 October 2023

Putting The 'War' Into Awareness

I don't know what the mainstream news
looks like with the present batch of wars,
Israel vs Hamas (new in, October 2023),
Russia vs Ukraine (Feb 2022-the present,
or until one side finally gives in,
or Russia declares victory by leaving
the Ukrainian economy shattered
beyond all human measure, with 
it's agricultural capacity destroyed,
and Chernobyl in need of serious repair.

The last war I watched on television news
was in 1991, the first US/Iraqi war when Bush Snr
was the US president going against Saddam Hussain.
The coverage made no sense, the more authentic
to the battle the footage was, the more what we saw
looked like some sort of disturbing video game, 
which left me numb and unable to care who won.

I can well believe that the news coverage
of the present wars is even more coarse
than that of thirty years ago, and better avoided.
On my radio some have tried to speak well
and tried to humanize the Israel/Hamas offensives,
I am not impressed by them either.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment