........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 19 October 2023

I Didn't Always Find Wanting This Difficult

I used to be confused about sex.
Many would say I still am,
but what has clarified for me
is how guilt, and lies about what sex is,
and 'what sex is for', conspire with each other
until marriage-once about simple companionship-
now get so warped by the urge to breed morals,
that through the law we begat loneliness,
and more isolation through consumerism
than anyone can count, as the houses we buy
and the lives we live are hollowed out
from the inside by the infantilizing urge
to consume in ever increasing amounts
sold to the masses as 'Popular Capitalism'.

Age will make us want less,
and feather simpler nests
than those we once lived in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment