........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Monday 25 May 2020

Great Failed Ideas Of Our Time (2)

I wanted to start a new self help group,
not for myself you must understand,
It was called 'Narcissists Anonymous'.
But it failed to gain the traction I'd hoped
with who were meant to attend it most.

Not enough other narcissists would join me.

Did they resist because their self admiration
remained enough for them in themselves?

Or did they fear that their new audience
might not be attentive enough of them,
for being more absorbed in themselves?

Or was it that their narcissism
told them that the idea of anonymity
left them with nothing to reflect on?

Who can tell which reason
for not wanting to share
their self absorption 
was the most authentic?

No comments:

Post a Comment