........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 7 September 2023

Invisible Boy... Alien... Misfit...

I have written two memoirs
both of them written and published
online with no print version likely.
Both of them are about the life I had
when how I lived was set by my parents.

In them I relate in sequential detail
as many experiences as I remembered
from being a child sent hither and thither
through to the more self directed existence 
I was meant to have in my mid-twenties.

To write about feeling as if I were invisible
to feeling that I was an alien felt like progress
when I put it all into words. But as it was lived
that life felt more like patiently moving sideways 
away from the past than living a forw
ard looking life. 

I have started writing about life
after being an alien, I have not got
a nickname for the person I was next.
Perhaps he was the stranger, the misfit
and the outsider who drifted
from one landscape and 'community'
to the next, who never fitted in any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment