........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Friday 19 May 2023

Thought For World Endangered Species Day

If I were to be reincarnated
and I could choose what I was going to be
then I would choose to be either

1- a species that was believed
by scientists to be l-o-n-g extinct

thus sharing the resilience of nature
in spite of the indifference to diversity.
 

Or  I would be 2-some luminous strange shaped creature 
who survives the lack of light on the ocean floor
where my presence might halt deep sea dredging
for precious metals by corporations that ought to not exist.

However long I lived I would show humanity
what they didn't know they were missing
and why they should leave some things well alone.
.  

No comments:

Post a Comment