........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 24 December 2013

The Hope Of Utopia

As a child I rarely expressed my belief
in the hope of Utopia, I rarely came across
reference to it except as the distant hope
of inept governments. But I knew what it was.
Mostly the idea came to me when I was in a car
at the will of all the grown ups around me,
and I was uneasy and not quite entirely passified.
I felt 'car sick', a symptom I now believe
was part of a wider anxiety that the grown ups
knowingly ignored. My Utopia arrived when
the adults acquiesced to my wanting to be let out
for some fresh air. Belief  in Utopia also surfaced
when not minding to be as quiet as my host wanted,
I asked my them 'Are we there yet?'.

No comments:

Post a Comment