Being closer than those around you realise?
If you are then from what position of power
are you acting? The well financed politician
who has bought their popularity with adverts
in which they make a virtue of their getting in bed
with the tech giants, for whom their technology
is an each way bet where whatever the odds they win.
As a monopoly that is how they rig the odds:
whoever plays, they are always the biggest winners.
Or are you one of the less powerful men and women
who knows more the limitations of what they can do,
and what they can hope for, but who keeps watch
because they don't know, day to day, what to watch for?
I will always be in the latter group: whatever I do I accept
the limitions of my living to extend the limits of how how I live.
I feel as uncertain about the future times as I feel about the past.
The present is the best point to be sure of. For others to survive
I have to show self discipline and work in consent with people
I know less well than I wish, for what I do to work well for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment