........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Wednesday 14 August 2024

Orwellian Times

As the national broadcaster of my country,
the BBC, finds yet another of the presenters
it has paid well and made part of zeitgeist
is exposed through his arrest to have lived out
a cruel and criminal secret life, the broadcaster
he worked for is going through its vast output
in which he features strongly to 'put in storage'
images where he is front and centre; the presenter,
 

I don't support what the news presenter did in secret,
and I can't imagine who would excuse his behaviour.

But there has to be a better solution for the BBC
than to employ it's team of Winston Smith type-figures
and have its Records Department update it's archive
as if it were subservient to The Ministry Of Truth,
and I was reliving '1984', and thinking 'Its All True',

No comments:

Post a Comment