........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Friday 26 July 2024

Repetition, Memory, And Sentience

As I age I recognise faster than I used to
how much more I repeat myself,
when I travel less, whilst taking photos.

I take the photos because I used to paint,
images for my walls alone, nobody else's.

Then, when my walls were full,
I took to photography to 'find the eye',
to seek out variations on the images
I sought to depict in my abstract paintings.

I was assisted by how I easy it was
to 'fix' photos with digital technology,
but alas this is what led me to repeated
photographs of exactly the same thing
which had the acronym O.C.D. written
all over them. It became a new way
'knowing myself' that I had not predicted
would find me quite as easily as it did.
 

It was the quietest warning I'd get
about how much my culture is a mix
of repetition and amnesia, whilst sentient
the proportions of which you can find for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment