........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Wednesday 17 July 2024

Between Two Poles

We all decide between two poles of opinion;
majoritarianism, where the opinion of the greatest number,
however absurd and thoughtless it is, is impossible to ignore,
or we adopt the greater-safety-in-rejection of the outsider.

being the black sheep of my family,
I am drawn to the bad guys in The Bible,
the ones who get the blame from Eve to Cain,
to Lot's wife through to King Saul and Judas,
who I contend was part of God's plan for Jesus
even though his role would never give him credit.

The virtue of how I decide,
and whatever side I  join,
is that I don't expect to be liked
not do I want others to join me.

I'd rather be wrong for who I am
than right for who I am not,
like the great indifferent majority.

No comments:

Post a Comment