........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 27 April 2024

The Remaindered Life

is like the lives of the books that get remaindered,
and all the food that gets close to its 'sell by date'
which has to be sold off at a much reduced price
because the shop has no wish to have on their site
the necessity to recycle organic matter or plastics,
that would cost them more than the hit of the loss
of selling the food below it's cost price.

As long s it is sustainable,
even when it is seen as waste,
then what, and to whom, does it matter?

My life matters to so few people nowadays
that even positive relationships assume the tone,
and the aspect, of being remaindered.

When my neighbour has an item
that she no longer likes the look of,
but feels still has value I am the one
to be given the first option on it
when the alternative is the bin.

Being remaindered, I try to make
my cheap life seem useful to others
for as much as that holds,
but what I truly put my hope in
is my non-corporeal remains, 
being remaindered in eternity. 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment