........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Wednesday 24 April 2024

Spiritual Origins

A common phrase observes well
how attached folks get to their origins, 
'You can take a person away
from where they were raised
but you can't take where they born
out of who they are.'. 

A quote that seems more cogent
the more damaged and sentimental
beyond all reason their upbringing.

I know too few people well enough
to ask them as friends about the child
vs the adult in them without me
being accused of 'playing  the psychiatrist',
but I would love to be able to ask them
'What did you think 'spirituality' was
when you were a child? and as an adult?'
Is it different now, to how you expected it to be?'.

If asked this myself then I still don't know
what the answers would be, but they exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment