........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 24 February 2024

Still Lost For Words

As Russia enters it's third year
of invading Ukraine, and it's tenth year
of a propaganda campaign beyond compare
to prepare the world for World War III
I observe how little I have said
about Russia, in public or in private.

These matters that have gone on
above my head and above my pay grade.

Both of Russia's efforts
have become avalanches of bad news,
fit to bury both the dead, and anyone
unprepared for self perpetuating lies
coined in defence of bad government. 

As a would-be pacifist
my best defence against
the power of propaganda
has been my ambivalence.

The propaganda is the firing gun
for the start of any war, long before
the first of the bullets reach their target.
The propaganda is the test of our reason
where pacifists fail to apply their pacifism
against the lies, so it becomes too late
to stop what comes after.

This is why the first victim
in every war ever fought is truth
-it died before the battle started.

As a would-be pacifist who knows
that wars start for all sorts of reasons,
I know enough to be wary of reason itself.
 

The avalanche of bad news reports
took
 my words. I notice my ambivalence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment