........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Friday 23 February 2024

Bad Puns, Spoonerisms, And Malapropisms

Are one of my favourite ways to communicate,
because of their openness, and for how much 
they put me in touch with the spirit of my Mother
who made a speciality of them when I was a child
to keep us amused when the atmosphere in the house
got a little on the chilly side with dad's drinking.

Consequently my own malapropic life
tends to towards the sadder side.

1-if a person lives well, materially
whilst lacking empathy through out
their life, then in old age do they go
to live in a cold people's home?

2-If the government set out legislation
to revise religious freedom of speech
should it be called 'The dangerous Gods Act'?

on a lighter note there is...

Calvinism-an incline-ation towards denim jeans.

Canon fodder-membership of a traditionally led church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment