........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 8 February 2024

Limitariansim

is another of those recycled philosophies,
revisions of good ideas from the past
where the goodness in them got lost,
after it's first and best proponents
was erased from social history.

The idea is simple; in any given society
the wealth of the wealthiest should be limited
by a certain multiple of the poverty of the poor.

For the absolutely poor no multiple
of what they have could be sustaining
for anyone trying to live on it.

The biggest problem is with the source of the inequality;
the unequal value of the sweat of the brow of the self-made,
pulled-up-by-his-own-boot-straps-from-nothing millionaire
vs the cheaper sweat that brings far poorer returns to the poor.

The millionaire will always say
'My sweat earned me this, I deserve it,
untaxed, even though I will only live
on a fraction of it.'. The poor person will say
'My sweat and wit have helped me survive,
have shown me how to be generous
towards those with less, or who have nothing
to speak of at all.', mutualising misunderstanding.   

No comments:

Post a Comment