........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 29 February 2024

Have You Ever Had A Lack Of Resolve?

You are far from alone if you have.

Each morning I turn my radio on
in the hope that what I hear
will help me start the day better,
and leave me with some comment 
that might set me up right for the day.

Of late I have taken to using the off-button 
well before the news headlines finish.
The hierarchy of the reports has seemed awry
and with the disputes and conflicts reported on
refusing to resolve themselves 
I have had
no choice but to treat the news the way my
 parents
treated me 
when I was young enough to think 
that sibling rivalry was the height of valid debate 
that when I won it proved my intelligence.

I am not tired of life, but I do tire
of the infinite lack of resolution
to certain stories that my radio
presents me with every morning.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment