........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Sunday 3 December 2023

Low Times Pass Very Slowly

I have tried to fit myself in
around 'the season of goodwill',
but for all my adult life it has been
a square peg/round hole operation;
more and more I fail to recognise
who I am from the words I use,
with  
every attempt at complying. 

My thoughts run dry against
the infinitude of false sentiment
the commercial culture generates
every December, and now much earlier.
Such that from November on, for safety
sake, 
I permit myself to talk to myself,
but I will not say anything personal
to anyone else, to them I accept
being a mute but agreeable nonentity.

It is better to avoid conflict in conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment