........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Sunday 16 January 2022

The Right Side Of Error

In my youth I was impetuous,
much to my parents disgust;
I joined an evangelical church
where the pastor always liked 
'to err on the side of caution'.

He thought caution the better error
when compared with
 wild abandon,
except when he ranted his sermons,
where his passion seemed safe to him.

I don't blame him for that
- everyone trusts appearances
when they should not,
and deceives themselves
more than they admit.

It took me long enough
to leave that church
and find an improved 
sense of self after.
To truly discover who I was
I had to leave the area.

After many trials and travails,
I err on the side of positivity;
that way I can believe in myself
even when I make my mistakes.
It has worked well for me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment