........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Monday 31 May 2021

The Uncertainties Of Gradualism

When I was an earnest young Christian,
I found it easy for to believe that good deeds
were signs of of the advance of The Kingdom,
and the more signs I saw, and I was part of,
then the sooner the world was going to end.

I avoided all thoughts of how good deeds
and bad deeds were alike;
both existed in the moment,
as if this world had no end.

Nowadays I still seek signs,
but the life I seek is in rewilding.
The scattering of as many wild seeds
as used to be there, naturally,
in the lands where modern man
has taken them out over the centuries.

Whether deeds towards The Kingdom,
the grandest human saving scheme of all,
which I hoped would cut through
both how money and power trapped people
and made them feel omniscient,
or the spreading of wild flower seeds
via the return of animals to the wilds
from where man long ago banished them,
gradualism means uncertainty,
and humility is our only hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment