........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Food Inglorious Food

In the rich west we have shelves so deep
that our lock downs are luxurious,
retreats into what we have hidden away.

Me? I asked my vicar that when next
he went to the food bank
he unburden them of their food
that was 'out of date' but well edible
which the food bank felt unable
to give away with their usual boxes.

He went and called by after
dropping off a veritable hamper.

I have tried in life to be penny wise
not knowing whether my wisdom
with my pounds was enough to get by.
But I felt that if I was caring
then maybe I was careful enough.

Now who wants to share my booty
of a a dozen different flavours
if tinned soup and assorted noodles with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment