........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Popular Hypocrisy

Wanting to be both popular and right
has always been the height of hypocrisy-
the words of every politician would prove this.

Such want is why I accept belief in God;
the inconsistencies thrust upon him
are everyone's - multiplied,
and writ large enough to be understood
as being well beyond fixable.

Omniscience, Omnipresence and Omnipotence
have always been impossible to combine
in any one person, the better for everyone
to pursue that purest sense of responsibility,
and perfect goodwill in the name of faith.

If I can make my hypocrisy more my own
then people who know me will accept it as my character.   

No comments:

Post a Comment