........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Friday 29 January 2016

Noisy Certainty vs Quiet Persuasion

Millions of people believe themselves
to be among The Elect, ready at any time
to recieve their rewards from their maker,
in The Rapture. Apparently ready to leave
all the decay,  'unworthyness' and those
'works of the flesh' which flourish then fade.

But I have no truck with that ill tempered spirit
inside The Elect that calls itself  'perfection',
nor do I accept the binary logic said spirit employs,
which has only one message through which to affirm
-'I am right-you are wrong,
and my being right is all that counts'.

Heaven's existence has to be taken on trust
if  it is to inspire, and its fruit will be diversity.
For Heaven to be it has to prove to those that are,
here and now. Saints are proved by their generosity.

The bluff of The Self Elect is not for me,
except as the talk of tricksters, figures
who disguise themselves to fool the unwary.

No comments:

Post a Comment