........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 12 August 2023

Why Sinead O'Connor Was A Good Person

In 2013 she agreed to be interviewed in a magazine,
answering questions from fans and fellow musicians.

One fan asked her for her opinion of Roger Waters,
since she was one of many guests on stage
who helped him in his restaging of 'The Wall',
against the backdrop of the Berlin Wall in 1991.

From experience I know how Google blushes
and gets hot flushes at swear words, forgive me
for slightly softening her expletives....

You took part in the 1991 production of The Wall in Berlin.
What was Roger Waters like? 
Alex Reardon, Risca, South Wales

I cannot bear Roger Waters, and I’ll tell you why.
Hundreds of thousands of people spent a week’s wages,
if not nearly a month’s, for what was billed as a live show.
The day before, they rehearsed all the lights and the explosions
 and pyrotechnics and all the w*nkdom you wouldn’t need
if you had confidence in the music. 

They tell us that they’re recording the soundcheck,
just so they can practise again later with the lights.
So the next day, I go on stage to sing live
– and this happened to a number of artists
– and my mic is not working. And on comes a playback
of yesterday’s recording. So I’m forced to stand there and mime.
I don’t like lying to an audience so, as soon as I got offstage,
I saw Roger and chased the c*nt, to beat the shit out of him. 

He was quite agile, as I remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment