........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 10 August 2023

The Blinding Absence Of Light (8)

 is like the prison it describes,

not a place for the weak of constitution,

it being a narrative about life as prisoner
in a Moroccan prison where the indifference
of the guards is a mercy, the active attention
of the guards is a test of the prisoners will to live.

But every so often an uplifting quote comes up,
where why the prisoners were so stubborn
as to want to live is made clearer...

Chapter 25 page 125

'Each day that passes is a day that dies without a trace, without a sound, without colour. Every morning I am a new-born baby, I even consider myself to be like Tebebt, who is a sensitive sparrow, quite astute and above suspicion. I understand the language of sparrows better than I do that of humans. Tebebt makes me travel and accompanies me on my flights towards spirituality. His lightness, his fragility, the sweetness of his song, the nuances of his song are a great help to me.'. 

For the ninth in this series of blog entries please left click here

No comments:

Post a Comment