........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 12 November 2022

Transports Of Gratitude

One of the daily graces I enjoy
is that I don't drive
and don't own a vehicle
whilst living in a car culture.

What makes it a grace
is that
 public transport
is trusted because it subsidised,
and I have reached an age
where such transports of delight
are offered to me, for free.
They need passengers like me.

The citizens of many small countries
who think nothing of life elsewhere
think that only they thank the drivers,
when they disembark from the bus.

What the citizens of such countries
don't realise is that part of why
passengers give thanks so readily
is for the quality of publicly owned transport.

If every country that believed
that such everyday gratitude
was unique to them were to ask abroad, 
'What do your passengers say
when they disembark from the bus?'
where public transport was similar
they would find that such thanks
are as universal as the subsidies
that make for quality of public transport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment