........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 19 April 2022

I Am No Lover Of My Government

In the privacy of my own home,
when the radio goes off,
or my attention span wanders,
I often wonder at the apt titles
for the many government ministers
whose words leave me angry.

I know what their official titles are,
minister for housing, home secretary,
minister for culture, there are many more.
But what I want to know is what ministers
are actually for, beyond self enrichment.
Which one is the minister for sophistry?
For open fraud? For bluff and bluster?
For weak reasoning? For adultery?
For rebuttals? For nervous apologies?
For leaking government documents?
For fake sincerity? For trashing the opposition
when they have done nothing wrong,
other than being out of power too long.

There must surely be many more reasons
for whoever is in power to be there,
and none of them have much 
to do with appearing to be selfless.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment