........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Wednesday 8 September 2021

The Potency Of Very Cheap Music

Looking through the racks
of popular music CD's
on the Sunday market,
the best time I have to browse,
I see only things I don't want to buy
and I can't remember when last
I bought a CD from a stall
like the ones i see before me.

I realise that 'popular music'
puts poor poetry to indifferent music
on the hope that the combination
will transform both,
when usually it does not.
And when that does not work
then there is the hope of the sales pitch
to distinguish the music, 
from that which is similar
in the mono culture that is popular music.

As if the pitch of such majoritism
will do the trick and be an end in itself.

A conspiracy of silence would be better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment