........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Wednesday 2 June 2021

This Blog is Taking A Rest, Please Enjoy The Interval Music...


 I would have been attracted to the image of Terry Riley before I knew of his music, or knew of his theories about music as a means to improvisation. After all, as a man with a beard, I was drawn to images of men similar to what I aspired to look like, and whether it was a rich brown or a striking white, Terry's big beard was an inspiration to me. In my thirties I was also drawn towards minimalism as much as I was drawn towards Indian music with it's different scales, different instruments, and different names for forms of music. Indeed I was quite easily drawn away from manufactured sounding western pop. If my journey was 'anywhere but where the herd goes' and my musical tastes isolated me then I was fine with that, being drawn away from the herd was developing my immunity to it, I saw no problem with being separated, and I still don't see any difficulties with that. We all have to take our own path and face the consequences of our earlier choices sometime. The herd will always dissolve from around us as we do that. If I did anything I let the herd dissolve away from me earlier in life rather than later, and still I am here, writing about existing apart, through advocating a singular musical voice. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment