........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Monday 21 June 2021

An Armchair Agitator Writes

I am used to receiving petitions
via emails where the first word is 'act'
but the second word is 'sign',
and often I sigh before I sign,
as if I had been there, online,
one too many times before,
where if I had to act in real time
in real space with apparently real people
then I would have to relearn to like
being the stranger to others
more than they might like.

But as malign corporate interests
pay their lawyers to sharpen their suits
for court appearances where the aim
is to buy/bend the law in their favour
so I sign one more petition, like that last one,
and I hope that the collective inaction
that I have signed up to outweighs
the detachment I see in my government.

What else might good causes ask for,
beyond my signature? My life?

I had wondered where it went....

No comments:

Post a Comment