........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 16 February 2021

An Unrepeatable Offer

In a moment when I felt caught
between sarcasm and pessimism
I wrote the following...

Small Ad

Ingenious and bored sadist
seeks naive masochist
for a thrilling shared adventure.
This offer is
 unrepeatable
and WILL be life changing,
whether the engagement
is merely for the short term
or whether it lasts for longer.


I knew that such an ad was impossible,
and merely an entertaining paradox.

Anyone who was actually like that
-and there would be quite a few-
would never admit it; they knew
that denial was their only way
of sustaining how saw themselves. 

Not that I identify with the sadist, 
I would be more the masochist
the advert was meant to appeal to,
unaware that I had already been
fodder for such caring detachment. 

Pessimists like me became so
through living with sadists in denial,
where we were as blind to the denial
as we were to what the denial denied.
We took who we lived with at face value.

What value? What price?
A better freedom of choice
after living under abuse? 

You decide.....

No comments:

Post a Comment