........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 16 January 2021

Believe In Less, Believe In Society.....

The cry to 'broaden your choice of media outlets
and listen to the logic of the politics you dislike
to stop your media habits becoming an echo chamber'
is now that familiar that it has gained it's own echo,
as it resides in it's own place in the breadth of the modern media
where the message is heard and repeatedly ignored.

That said, I try to listen to some of those
whose opinions I dislike,
the politicians whom  I feel that
that I  always disagreed with,
though the word 'always' is a trickster there.

Everyone's memory and opinion
are always inconsistent
with what they were in the past.
I can't exclude myself from that.

And to others back then I now realise
that my politics revealed my weakness
-as one who had less I had more invested
than I realised in the politics of redistribution
to those with least-the politics I believed in.

If, as I did not realise back then,
money generates a cynicism around it.
So with my politics of redistribution,
downwards I also sought to share afresh
the cynicism that money brought with it.

There was no way to make sharing more work
without it  becoming believing less in other people...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment