........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Sunday 24 January 2021

Several Kinds Of Loneliness

When I was much younger,
I 'ran with the hare and the hounds'.

I had a life partner and we lived apart.
Often I looked for life outside of him,
partly because he thought I might return
to him later with some of that life
which might prove strong enough to share.

It rarely worked-but then 'open relationships'
can never flourish in a societies that are that closed
that avoidance is their most popular currency.

It got so that people who did not really know me
but said that they cared would bid me 'Stay safe'
effectively meaning 'Meet nobody but me'
as they considered themselves the acme of safety. 

Now, with the Covid,
they keep their distance.
and rarely ring. 

I am more secure 
than I ever was before 
from being warned 
about how unsafe my life
would be without them. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment