........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Friday 21 September 2018

He Did Not See It Coming

Robert Hunter, did you see the death of Jerry Garcia coming?

I always saw it coming,
but seeing it coming is not the same as seeing it.

I didn't get the feeling he intended to live for very long.
In fact he had said as much, at one point I can remember.
He was conscious that it was not going to last forever.
Nor did I think he wanted his life to last that long.

There are things about Jerry I just don't understand.
Or maybe am not capable of knowing.





And this was said long after Jerry had died,
when Jerry's Garcia's death put asunder
a creative partnership that had lasted thirty five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment