........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Wednesday 14 January 2015

The War On Peace

I could not define terrorism if I tried,
much less would I go to war against it.
But I know that with the increasing advance
of the culture of arms and war,
from Medieval Islam's video nasties
competing with the U.S. military's
self promotion through virtual reality
aggression in the name of patriotism,
militarism will always out-gun
the civil culture where the ability
to drop our guard with each other
defines our safety-where life
is about more than fight, flight,
or being frozen inside.
Humour should be our best weapon
against overweening self importance
but guns will put us on our guard
in more ways than we see-or realise.

No comments:

Post a Comment