........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Addiction Speaks With Its Authentic Voice

When I first found the quote from Charlie Sheen
'I don't pay prostitutes for sex, I pay them to leave'
I could not quite comprehend it.
I have known many men shrink from intimacy
immediately after sex has ended for them,
without them thinking what might be happening
with who they were being intimate with.
The guilt in their responses was saddening.
But now I understand him.
He was speaking in a court.
He had to justify himself from the inside.
He is an addict of drink, drugs and sex.
For him the point of the addiction
was/is to combine appetite with denial
in a way that makes them fit smugly together.
His quotation was perfectly reasoned denial.
To say he paid people to leave,
when they had met his needs,
was to deny he was actually insatiable.

No comments:

Post a Comment