One of the motives for owning property
for people who rent and find they dislike it,
is what they dislike is not choosing who rents
the space alongside them. They think....
'When I buy where I live then I will keep
my neighbours at a distance that suits me.',
as if money by itself could cover for a will
that lacks the power to change how we live.
But willpower gets a person only so far
in choosing who they keep a distance from
and the distance at which to keep them.
Nowadays I find the people I need to keep
my distance from, and set it firm, are family.
I don't own property like they do, I knew how much
they were disappointed with how they made me,
where all that was left was cover up how it happened.
That distance I now keep from my family
is much farther than the physical distance
between the front benches in House of Commons
-two swords distance.
The distance I now keep from family
is more like distance between the values
each side of The House of Commons keeps
-universes, multiverses, farther apart.
No comments:
Post a Comment