........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 10 October 2024

Life Is A Series Of Bumps

I started life as a bump in my mother's life,
a first stumble 'forward' among many,
the point of every bump/stumble after
being to 'get over it' whatever 'it' was;
to find hope and respite without seeking
to be to closely listened to by those
blind guides, my family, who could not
admit that they had neither answers for me,
nor clues as to their own sense of destination. 

I hope that when I meet the last bump,
when I want my doctor to 'bump me off'
I will not be made to cling to a life
I cannot frame with answers to questions,  
but the doctors and nurses will help me
take that transition in my stride
and in full comprehension of my sanity.    

No comments:

Post a Comment