........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 10 February 2022

The Counters Keep On Counting

This is my 4000th blog entry,
on a blog that google tells me
has received nearly193,000 'hits',
where a 'hit' means a blog title
has been clicked upon,
when what I'd like more
is proof that it had been read.

I can't help but wonder
at what started
as a modest enterprise
using borrowed materials
where from day to day
I did not know
what I was going to say,
has now found it's own longevity.

I set out to be truthful,
more than popular,
and to test how that might work.

This blog may stop sometime,
they all do eventually.
It has taken many rests 
before restarting again,
but whatever the ride
it was never mine alone
I was never meant to know
The 200,000 who rode with me.

Here's to more characterful anonymity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment